[Sigia-l] Help with video-taping tests

Mitchell Gass mitchell at participatorydesign.com
Fri Oct 24 18:24:47 EDT 2003

Here's one more: VisualMark from UsersFirst:

   http://www.usersfirst.com/

At 01:42 PM 10/24/2003, James Muntone wrote:
>I'm using hyper cam to record screen action...I want to record the
>subjects face with some sort of video as well...I take both movies, dump
>them into Premiere, make the face video window a little smaller and viola'
>I have PNP with the visitor's face and screen activity... yeah!

James,

Something like you describe is done by Dynamic Picture-in-Picture from Syntagm:

   http://www.syntagm.co.uk/dpip.htm

Here are some other systems I've heard about that combine tapeless screen
recording with picture-in-picture:

Ovo Studios labs

   http://www.ovostudios.com/

TwinView from Neenan Partners

   http://www.neenanpartners.com/twinview/

Spectator from BIOBSERVE

   http://www.usability.biobserve.com/

the Noldus Screen Capture Module, an add-on to Noldus Observer

   http://www.noldus.com/products/add_on/obs_screen_capt.html

and another product that has just been announced and isn't yet available,
Morae from TechSmith

   http://www.techsmith.com/products/morae/default.asp

Mitchell Gass
uLab | PDA: Learning from Users | Designing with Users
Berkeley, CA 94707 USA
+1 510 525-6864 voice
+1 510 525-4246 fax
http://www.participatorydesign.com/