[Sigia-l] the future

odilette 0 odilette0 at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 16 07:50:26 EDT 2003

I thought I'd de-lurk and say how much I, for one, enjoyed the discussion on
the history of IA. (apart from the occassional feeling that old ground was
being covered once again ;0 )

so, this got me thinking, and I'd like to start a discussion that looks
forward - where do we all think the internet is going? I'd like us to think
not just the future of our jobs, but the future of the internet itself?
navigation? different devices? a fantastic future or will it grind to a slow
and painful death through spam?
There are some fantastic brains on this list, and so I'd love to provoke
them to think about what's coming next.

I think this also might be a good opportunity for those of you who have felt
that some recent arguments were of ever decreasing usefulness to open the
debate out and help us all prepare for what's next.

I look forward to hearing what everyone thinks the next big challenges and
opportunities will be.

cheers

Odilette O'Neill