[Sigia-l] Arrows and Sort Order

Dr. Marios Pittas marios at pittas-associates.com
Thu Oct 9 07:31:53 EDT 2003

> However, unless clicking the arrows causes a trip to the database
> causing network traffic and reloading, don't pay much attention. I never
> know which is which and I always just click and look at the new sort,
> locally cached data takes no time to sort. If there's a page reload with
new
> data, then I'd use Asc/Des, but even then I'm never sure how
> ascending/descending specifically applies to the contents of any given
list.

Which takes us back to the begining of the discussion.. and Ziya's first
comment :-)

> Only if the data is locally cached, and page reload and/or a trip to the
> database is not the result of the click.

Thus the need for Leah to provide more information about the users (what
they know, what do they usually use, etc), about the data (how large, what
kind, local ?), and the technology (speed overheads, caching etc..) that is
going to support the application.. without which, any advice will be
extremely limited based on pressumptions for the above :-)

Marios :-)