[Sigia-l] Test Subjects: Compensation for a non-profit site study?

Dr. Marios Pittas marios at pittas-associates.com
Mon Nov 3 21:46:36 EST 2003

Leanne

> we've had good success with compensating wealthy-donors for non-profits by
> sending them a copy of the report of results of the study (so they can see
> how they helped) and then also notifying them when improvements were made
> the web site as a result of their participation in the study.

A couple of questions in my mind based on your method, hopefully your
answers will help me (I do have a vested interest in the answers, I admit
:) ):

1. How do you cope with some of these testers who might be high on the
coprorate ladder and are not used to seeing what they have asked for not
being done (i.e. queries types of "I asked for 10 things but they only did
1, was my time really woth it")?

2. Do you have feedback that these users actually read the usability report
as their time is extremely precious - are not such reports often treaded as
middle-management / project-manager level kind of documents?

Marios

---
[This E-mail was scanned for viruses.]