[Sigia-l] FW: Map-type interfaces for stock exchange

prai at prady.com prai at prady.com
Tue May 6 09:47:17 EDT 2003

Francis Vila

> ...Here is an example :
> http:// www.smartmoney.com, then click on “Maps - Map of the market”
> Now here is the question : does anybody have any experience
> implementing such an interface?
> Are there easy/cheap components to do it?
> Any ideas of what it would take to develop one such
> component in ASP.NET?

I have worked with few products for the same type of Data Vizualization.
Last year I evaluated three products for supply chain visualization needs.
You may want to look at these yourself. Visit -

http://www.inxight.com,
http://www.tomsawyer.com/ and
http://www.engenuitytech.com/products/jlooxvis/index.html

Visit their product description and explore. I would also say that all
these products are capable of taking xml data input and delivers various
kind of outputs to be used by your front end. For example, Jloox (the
third one on my list above), delivers 'svg' or 'applet' to be used on UI.

Hope you will find it useful.

Thanks,

Pradyot Rai