[Sigia-l] RE: Apple and Pears

Andrew H Otwell andrew at heyotwell.com
Wed Mar 19 22:47:46 EST 2003

> I also think the reason [Studio Archetype and Vivid] are decreasingly
> referenced is because, as the
> field matures, it becomes clear that those graphically-oriented beginnings
> are not well-suited to the direction that IA is taking,

Sadly, it's also because like many other web design firms, they're long gone
and there's essentially nothing that one can look at anymore (don't go to
Vivid.com...). The stuff that does remain, like Mok's "Designing Business"
book looks mostly just quaint now. (I'd heard he was doing a second
edition?)

andrew