[Sigia-l] Re: first principals (bias in cataloging &classification)

Coon, Sean SCoon at Datek.com
Tue Mar 11 20:30:28 EST 2003

"Caveat: this *is* admittedly a gross generalisation of a subset of such meetings.

e."

True, but accurate none the less. I've worked in places like that (as mentioned in my last post) and my job was a nightmare. I was driven to such dog and pony shows by my own creative supervisor. Ah, to be young and naïve.

But then I've also worked in agency environments such as Organic NY and Xpedior (defunct), where the visual design/branding processes were as structured as the user centered design ux processes. Everything we (the creative team) presented to the client had meaning.

Joe Blow "interactive" advertising/marketing shops and big 5 consultancies (what's left of them) are usually the ones guilty of running the three ring circus. Admittingly, this *is* a generalization as well.

sean patrick coon
sr. interaction designer
ameritrade inc.