[Sigia-l] CFP: UPA 2003 Conference Poster and SIG submissions

Caryn Zange Josephson cbz at skypoint.com
Wed Mar 5 07:34:44 EST 2003

Last Reminder:

The deadline for Poster and Special Interest Group (SIG) submissions for
the UPA 2003 Conference is March 10, 2003

Posters allow you to display current research or results on a poster
board,

which will be available throughout the conference.

Evening meetings of Special Interest Groups (SIGs) allow you to gather a
group of other professionals interested in a topic of your choice.

Please consider making a submission to the Usability Professionals'
Association Conference on-line at
http://www.upassoc.org/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/upa/conf2003/call/onlinestart.pl

The 12th Annual Usability Professionals' Association Conference (UPA
2003) will be held June 23-27, 2003 at The Phoenician in Scottsdale,
Arizona. We invite you to share your ideas and experiences with fellow
practitioners in the field of usability by submitting proposals

and attending the conference.  Full conference information is at
http://www.upassoc.org/conf2003/index.php

The conference theme is Ubiquitous Usability - usability encountered
everywhere. The growth of pervasive devices, and the continuing
encroachment of technology in our lives, guarantees that we cannot
survive without interacting with environments, interfaces, systems, and
devices. We need to ensure that these encounters are always mutually
beneficial.

The UPA was founded in 1991 to provide a forum for usability
practitioners to share techniques and experiences. Now in its twelfth
year, the UPA attracts a variety of people: newcomers to our field,
experienced practitioners, and distinguished professionals who have been
defining and shaping usability since before the UPA's existence. The UPA
also provides supportive information to managers who advocate for
usability within their organizations, even if they are not usability
professionals themselves.

Thanks

Joseph Kramer & Diane Wilson
UPA 2003 Conference Co-Chairs