[Sigia-l] IA/interaction of Location (was dream career advice)

Sean Lawrence slawrence at lucidvagary.com
Thu Jun 26 17:11:05 EDT 2003

What I have in mind is more of a GPS enabled Wireless phone that can tell
you where the nearest <insert destination of desire> is and allow you to
automatically connect to reviews or other meta-data about the place.  Hell,
I think a WiFi device with an embedded web server which transmits the
businesses web site might be a helluva tool for small businesses,
eventually.  Also, predictive features.  Your phone realizes it's noon
checks your internal calendar to see if you had a lunch date, looks for
local eateries in a yp.yahoo search, or wherever you want the default site
to be, coordinates with your GPS established location and gives you a list
of choices.

Just one section of my crazy vision of the not too distant future.