[Sigia-l] FWIW response

Smokey Lynne L Bare slbare at juno.com
Thu Jun 12 15:44:25 EDT 2003

Snip >
I have yet to cause any serious injury with an information design...
<Snip

As I do not assume what areas of IA your specialty is in, I can speak for
myself and several other IAs I work with jointly on projects.  In
business systems (architecture - functional and technical), great losses
can occur financially and timewise when process development is not
followed correctly.  This drove several of us to follow a particular
methodology for info management.  Missing disaster recovery architecture
and integration has caused major, major problems... yes... there can be
disasters.  When you work in the big picture phase, one can find
scenarios all the time.  That is why IAs have a wonderful robust
background, as some are specialized, some are the big picture planners
from creation to destruction.  Don't sell them short.

The issue here, which hopefully the thread won't veer away from is that
another type of certification board, happened to mention they could
consider certifying.... I do not believe they have the credentials or the
knowledge base to follow up.  Therefore, the bottom line, again, is to
exclude the IT professions from their code and guidelines.  Simple,
moving forward, and the resolution in a simple form.

Smokey