[Sigia-l] Findability

Listera listera at rcn.com
Mon Jul 21 22:34:26 EDT 2003

"Christopher Fahey [askrom]" wrote:

> Still, I'm sure that we'll see some really cool advancements in software
> soon, particularly in such areas as Karl suggests such as genetic
> algorithms and such.

Minor point: I started reading about genetic algorithms more than a decade
ago. So it's probably twice as old as that. Wired Magazine had an article in
the early '90s that sort of popularized the notion. Microsoft R&D talked
about using related techniques to write an earlier version of Windows a few
years back. But not much has happened since then. So I'm less hopeful on
this.

Ziya
Nullius in Verba