[Sigia-l] Findability

Derek R derekr at derekrogerson.com
Sun Jul 20 02:26:23 EDT 2003

Eric wrote:

>| [Google] may ignore externally applied meta-tags,
>| but they add their own meta-data, and rely on it
>| extensively. Maybe you've heard of it, they call it
>| "page rank"

We're really drifting here, but as far as meta-data goes, nobody is
arguing against 'normative considerations.' This type of meta-data is
calculated from -- NOT 'attached' as addition to -- the original
document. Google page rank technology is just a simple algorithm, based
on examination, not a system to bloat content in order to create
industry for librarians (i.e. 'findability').