[Sigia-l] Terms & the rest of us: Findability (was:VivelaFrance! Vive Napoleon!!)

Derek R derekr at derekrogerson.com
Fri Jul 18 20:55:18 EDT 2003

Peter wrote:

>| I continue to find the term "findability" quite useful
>| and interesting. It resonates well with business people
>| who are familiar with the term "usability."

Very well. Deception has always had its uses, as well as the old
bait-n-switch routine . . . .

Nevertheless, you should recognize a responsibility, (in light of
forming organizations which claim industry-consensus -- and particularly
for the benefit of 'Polar Bear groupies' who cannot, or will not, think
for themselves) that 'findability' in actual fact puts the cart before
the horse.

In other words, as long as everyone actually understands to
design-for-usability and NOT to design-for-findability -- which is the
difference between a well-formed document and spam.