[Sigia-l] The new JJG diagram

Cindy Hoffa cindy at blep.net
Thu Jul 10 19:31:50 EDT 2003

I'm not used to defining user research that way but I now I understand how
you were framing it. User Research is really asking the questions, wherever
they occur in the strategy-tactical framework, and the Elements are really
how we answer them.

User research for me is what I need to define the problem/needs and begin to
formulate a response. I agree that the user research activities as defined
by peter here definitely follow the continuum from more strategic to more
tactical.

On a side note, I'm not sure whether task analysis and mental modeling are
completely scope plane items. I don't know if I have enough definition
around the problem without some high level task analysis and hopefully a
mental model.