[Sigia-l] doing classification

Peter VanDijck pvandijck at lds.com
Fri Jan 31 14:14:42 EST 2003

Situation: a bunch of people need to wade through lots of content and
classify it in an existing taxonomy. We need them to understand the
philosophy and content of the taxonomy and we need them to be familiar
with the content in order to classify correctly.

What are best practices/tips on setting up a good classification
process? Any references/links? How do you decide the level of Q&A
needed? How do you get consistency? Do you do different approaches for
different taxonomies? And so on...
Thanks!
PeterV