[Sigia-l] Inquiry from the new guy

ctuckley ctuckley at kent.edu
Thu Jan 23 08:05:42 EST 2003

Jack,

I don't have any answers for you on the work front, as I am currently a
student myself.  I would, however, recommend the program that I am in.  Kent
State University in Kent, Ohio offers a masters in IAKM - Information
Architecture and Knowledge Management.  There are 3 concentrations, IA, KM,
and IU.  Here's the link:

http://iakm.kent.edu/

Good luck!

Carrianne

>===== Original Message From John Bloise <johnbloise at yahoo.com> =====
>Hello all,
>
>I'm new to the list and have a few questions for those who are patient. I'm
currently finishing my last year in college with a degree in graphics and
multimedia. In the last year I've become very interested in IA and would like
to someday work in
>this field.
>
>What suggestions would any of you have about the type of work I should try to
pursue so as to create a work history related to IA. I obviously don' t have
any IA experience beside the creation of a few websites so any suggestions
would be greatly
>appreciated. Is there a large demand for IA's in this tech recession?
>
>Additionally, I will be pursuing my masters hopefully in the IA area. Any
suggestions of schools that offer this type of program?

>I thank you all in advance and look forward to learning from you posts and to
hopefully be able to contribute in the future.