[Sigia-l] moderation (of various sorts)

Samir M. Nassar nassarsa at redconcepts.net
Tue Jan 21 17:38:02 EST 2003

<cite>
> Let him be the benevolent dictator - this group needs one right now.
> That's my vote.
</cite>

Maybe this is a Western thing; the fascination with dictators. Those of
us who actually live in dictatorships tend to be allergic to Dictators.
My own reasoning always has been, benevolent or not, the only good
dictator is one that serves as fertilizer for my olive trees.

I do not wish Mr. Hill any harm of course, the worst I can do is throw
badly formatted HTML and table-based layouts at people, but moderating a
list is bad form.

There is nothing that says he can't be the enforcer, so that if a
list-member is acting up, specifically against list policy, Mr. Hill can
remove the offender.

Samir M. Nassar - nassarsa at redconcepts.net
RedConcepts.NET - http://redconcepts.net/
Hosting, Design, Usability, Accessibility
- Open Source, Open Systems, Open Borders, Open Minds