[Sigia-l] NYC Metrocard Vending Machines

Peter Merholz peterme at peterme.com
Thu Jan 9 15:00:55 EST 2003

Don't confuse the MetroCard with the MetroCard Vending Machine.

The issues that the Village Voice article raises are with the MetroCard and
the company behind it (Cubic), and the software necessary to manage the
various transactions, etc. etc. Namely, the technology of the card itself.

The design of the MetroCard Vending Machine was done by Antenna Design, a
leading industrial design company in Manhattan.
http://www.antennadesign.com/
(As designers, their site is less than usable, built in flash, and has no
bookmarks. To find the MVM, click "transit" in the navigation.)

Read more about them:
http://www.edesignmag.com/efeat/feat_march/ef_2.htm

--peter