[Sigia-l] ROI/Value of Search Engine Design - Resources?

Eric Scheid eric.scheid at ironclad.net.au
Sat Feb 8 11:24:09 EST 2003

On 9/2/03 1:31 AM, "Boniface Lau" <boniface_lau at compuserve.com> wrote:

>> We've heard the bad (e.g., UIE's reports on how when people use
>> search, they tend to fail at the task at hand).
>
> I take that with a big grain of salt.

I too wonder if there is a causative relationship, not just a correlative
one. One explanation might be that some people just couldn't find their nose
on their face, and so of course when they resort to search they will also
fail.

I'd be interested to know what portion of the segment of users that
succeeded without search could also succeed with search.

e.