[Sigia-l] IBM Reinvents E-mail

Listera listera at rcn.com
Wed Dec 10 21:13:43 EST 2003

"Patrick Neeman" wrote:

> I would say that half the people in this list make a living working for
> companies where if products were made easier, revenue would drop and they
> might be out of a job.

About a year ago at a tech conference I found myself talking to a mid-level
guy from Microsoft over beers. We discussed some of the stuff that came out
at the DoJ trial and various Microsoft licensing/business practices. I don't
think he was drunk but he pretty much agreed it was all rotten. I was taken
aback at his candor. He added that if he (personally) didn't work at MS
someone else would and if MS didn't exist (as the kind of organization that
it has become) someone else would have to invent it.

When one doesn't have a compass...

----
Ziya

Respectable people do not write music or make love as a career.