[Sigia-l] content architects

Chris Chandler chrischandler67 at earthlink.net
Sat Aug 2 16:46:08 EDT 2003

Richard,

Where I am now, IA is part of the "Creative Design and Production" Group, along with Visual Design and Content. The
Content team has a "content architect" and another couple of people (writers/editors) who work with her on "content
architecture" tasks. She does a hell of a lot, but right now she is responsible for the content matrix that has to
identify and track content that originates from an enterprise repository, and is delivered through two different CMS
systems, as well as a slew of database-driven Flash movies.

Why do you want to know? Is it a new role being proposed, a water cooler joke, or are you playing a good old-fashioned
round of "who owns the page design?"

-cc