[Sigia-l] designing an international contact directory

Christine Freeman freepress at earthlink.net
Wed Apr 30 10:54:19 EDT 2003

If you're looking for a model for how to allow users to quickly drill down
through multiple layers, when the content of each layer is determined by the
choice that the user makes for the previous level, cruise around the online
options for buying cars, especially used cars. These have multiple levels,
such as: make, model, year, trim level, price range, and zip code. Some of
those interfaces are quick; others are clunky. They'll give you lots to look
at. Good luck.

Christine Freeman
Clarity in Communication
freepress at earthlink.net
www.cfreelance.com
650-322-1135

Peter wrote:
One issue I am grappling with is how to design an elegant way to quickly
drill down to the appropriate level? (a search option will also be
included).  I have been thinking in terms of drilling down level-by-level
(page-by-page).  In some instances, two (or possibly 3) levels may be able
to be displayed on one page by using sub-heads - for example: Country >
Region > State/Province.