[Sigia-l] Prominence in Short Lists

Dan Saffer interactiondesign at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 10 13:23:23 EDT 2003

A number of folks have suggested a more side-by-side layout which makes
sense from a grouping/Gestalt perspective, but one of my major
constraints is a very tight, VERTICAL (ie list-like) space. So
side-by-side isn't an option unfortunately.

Even if this were an option, my guess is that radio buttons work best
vertically, not horizontally AND vertically. Although of course I have
zero data to back up such an assumption. Anyone know?

As a side note, I'm glad this list still functions for shop talk,
however sporadically. :)

Dan

dan saffer
sr. interaction designer, ameritrade