[Sigia-l] "Print This"

Bell, John John.Bell at ogilvypr.com
Mon Sep 23 16:46:03 EDT 2002

We have created printer-friendly versions of screens without all of the navigational elements. In some cases, we have had the text-only version display in a daughter window with a "Close Window" and "Print This Page" links but with the browser toolbar minimized. The "Print" link will not work reliably on a Mac. The alternative seems to be to have the text-only version appear in the main window and rely on the user to use the browser's "print" and "back" commands.

Both approaches seem clumsy. Any experience with testing this feature one way or another?

John H. Bell
SVP/ Creative Director

Ogilvy Public Relations Worldwide
phone: 202.557.0886