[Sigia-l] DHTML Menus and Usability

MATTHEW GODDARD MATTHEW.GODDARD at thales-cs.com
Fri Sep 20 06:29:58 EDT 2002

Ziya

>Hopefully, folks who design those UIs won't say to themselves, hmm, let's
>port to these tiny devices that word processor UI we use and love so much,
>'cause it's just so dominant and people would be so lost without it.

When you move to a restrictive medium such as PDA's, Cell Phones etc. you're
right you should modify the UI so that it's appropriate, but then the users
expectations are different as well, they don't expect to have a fully
featured application.

Obviously I believe that UI design should improve, evolve and change but
that doesn't mean that we shouldn't do something simply because *we* think
it's bad, especially if the user expect it!

Matt

Thales Contact Solutions Limited - Legal Disclaimer

the system manager.

Please direct any enquiries to administrator at thales-cs.com