[Sigia-l] DHTML Menus and Usability

MATTHEW GODDARD MATTHEW.GODDARD at thales-cs.com
Fri Sep 20 04:40:22 EDT 2002

>Most users are "used to using" a lot of god awful stuff, not always by
>choice mind you. That doesn't make it right. I can think of a word
>processing app that dominates the market, with a shamefully inelegant and
>ineffective UI. Just because it is dominant, do we have to perpetuate the
>initial sin?

Simply the fact that it is dominant is the reason why we should keep on
using them. Users are used to them, in fact they expect them! It means that
they don't have to learn a whole new thing every time they start a new
application or access a new site, unless of course the menu system is badly
implemented, but that is another discussion.

Matt

Thales Contact Solutions Limited - Legal Disclaimer

the system manager.

Please direct any enquiries to administrator at thales-cs.com