[Sigia-l] indicating "premium" content?

Stephen Holmes sholmes at labyrinth.net.au
Sun Oct 6 03:02:43 EDT 2002

--

Hi eric

I'm just going through the same process on a project myself.

The idea in the end that I'm proposing to the customer is an icon that
is first introduced to the "member/subscriber" within the membership
sign-up area. The icon is anchored to a component of code that where
ever it is on the site, it is clickable to take a new user to the
membership signup area. This way you have two different ways a user gets
introduced to the icon and its meaning.

Since the site I'm doing is angling sign-up as a "membership" rather
than a "subscription" the icon has a look of exclusivity to it, rather
than a simple $ sign which would lower the tone of the site (TFIC).

Stephen

  *  Stephen Holmes               sholmes at topladder.com.au    *
 *   Information Architect        http://www.topladder.com.au  *
 *   Top O' The Ladder Design     Kew, Victoria,               *
  *  "new times, new solutions"   Australia 3122              *