SV: [Sigia-l] Re: large font use

Gunnar Langemark gunnar at langemark.com
Thu Nov 28 02:08:27 EST 2002

The funding goes to those studies because there has allways been whats
called a "media panic" whenever a new medium turns up. That means that when
video-games and computer-games became popular, some influential people saw a
political opportunity in turning against it. You can create quite a media
scare if You have the right connections and the money to do it.
So what's going on is that politics and academical research goes hand in
hand.
Notice that I'm not proposing a conspiracy theory here. It's more like a
"law of nature".

[...]
> They also need funding. This is the reason there are litteraly
> hundreds of empirical studies done in Scandinavia, trying to
> determine whether video, comic books, and/or computer games are
> hazardous to childrens mental health,

I thought in the Pacific Rim countries there were many children with
seizures playing video games. But why are there so much funding in
Scandinavia for the mentioned studies?