[Sigia-l] Standardized site design for non profit orgs

Cindy Alvarez calvarez at teamsphere.com
Fri Nov 22 16:55:18 EST 2002

>sorry for any confusion..
>
>The biggest problem that I see is that each levels of the
>organization offers different services and have different goals and
>missions.  With a centralized site I am not sure how it would be
>possible to meet the needs of each level.
>
>The national level's focus is as an information provider, working on
>national events and initiatives and providing information support to
>both provincial and local levels.

Is there currently standardization of the national information?

If the various regional sites offer radically different services,
then a one-size-fits-all approach does
seem like a bad idea.  However, I can't see any benefit to NOT
standardizing the national information.

What is the driving concern behind this push towards unification?  Is
it concern that the national focus is
being diluted or inconsistently represented?  Or is it concern about
wasted resources in maintaining multiple sites?

If the former, is there a way to offer a single national level site
that all of the regional sites would link to,
in addition to their individual services, goals, mission?

Cindy Alvarez
User Interface / Interaction Design:  http://www.pixelsmear.net/