[Sigia-l] Faceted classification browsing tool

Christina Wodtke cwodtke at eleganthack.com
Fri Nov 22 13:45:13 EST 2002

> > I disagree. For young children, it's easier to differentiate the
> > letters.  It's a convention, a quick way of indicating this is for
> > kids to read, not just for adults.

sorry, I didn't mean it wasn't right, I just meant it didn't solve the
problem. for young children it's not just larger letters (as seen in books
for this age group) but *also* a good image to picture ratio (which helps
adults in help sections too-- don't forget tuft's rule of proximity) and
simple clear jargon free language in a beginner vocabulary.