[Sigia-l] Re: [OT] SpamArrest (was: The end is near)

Listera listera at rcn.com
Fri Nov 22 00:25:57 EST 2002

"Madhu Menon" wrote:

> If the subscriber can't be bother to change his or her software settings to
> specify this address as a valid mailing list address, off with their heads,
> er, email address. :)

The calculation I don't get is this: even if one gets several hundred pieces
of email a day, with a passive email client/desktop based filter 90-95% of
junk mail is easily eliminated, the rest and the false positives should take
no more than a minute or two per day to scan and delete. I'd rather
spend/waste a couple of minutes a day than to annoy fellow list members by
spamming them. After all, if I thought so little of their time and
attention, why bother being on the list at all? Just doesn't make sense.

Best,