[Sigia-l] RE: Geography

Boniface Lau boniface_lau at compuserve.com
Thu Nov 21 22:57:22 EST 2002

> From: sigia-l-admin at asis.org [mailto:sigia-l-admin at asis.org]On
> Behalf Of Brett Ingram

[...]
> A co-worker of mine actually thinks we are better off because
> Americans are so poorly educated. He thinks that will mean more jobs
> for us smart ones.

Think again! More and more North American companies have found it cost
effective to outsource high-tech work to offshore regions which have
much lower cost and standard of living but with much higher education
level. Beginning in the early '90s, coding work were outsourced to
those offshore regions. Nowadays, some of them even run the whole IT
function for some North American companies. And such high-tech
outsourcing happened not only in North America.

Boniface