[Sigia-l] intranet ROI musings

Smith, Denise (Hewitt) denise.smith at idea.com
Mon Nov 18 11:37:33 EST 2002

"Eric Scheid" wrote:

> A further question then arises: what if you are tasked with building this
> system, one which could finally pay back heretofore unclaimed staff
> expenses, knowing that it would cost the company many millions in expense
> payouts?

I don't see what the dilemma is here. If a company offers a benefit, such as
my company which pays up to a certain amount each month for internet access
& for a health club ( so we stay wired & unstressed) these are planned for
expenses. We have to submit expense reports. Its a planned-for expense.

Expenses are deducted from a company's gross profits, reducing the amount of
taxes they have to pay, as well. Hence, why in the 80's so many companies
leased cars for their employees in order to reduce the amount of taxes they
would have to pay.

This is honestly more a problem for the financial planners of the company
than for architects, I think. But its probably worth trying to get a meeting
with them to go over any concerns they have as part of your requirements
gathering.

Best regards,

Denise