[Sigia-l] morality in IA

michel.milano michel_milano at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 14 17:53:42 EST 2002

christina,
the issues come into play with every single act of creation a person does.
it is intrinsic to being 'designer', no?
it has been this way. from the start of "IA". the only
difference is awareness.

a lot of the critical thinking from the visual design folks
is of interest on this topic. it might be that the issues are slightly closer
to the surface in the realm of image making, and the critical  visual
literacy of
people is so low?
in addition to the wonderful and late tibor kalman,
  milton glaser has had some good words.
and good practice (re: tibor,
check into the background of colors magazine, for
example, to see an example of ideas into practice on responsibility
of designers.
good stuff, and with nice messy contradictions, too, making it more
interesting).

other sources that come to mind mostly due to their recent vintage are
in the autumn 2002 issue of eye magazine, with text by jesus ali,
and the identity / integrity conference 2002.
http://www.brno2002.cz/

read adbusters too (oh wait, i see the one link references adbusters...)

/m/milano