[Sigia-l] Useful Splash Screens

Smith, Denise (Hewitt) denise.smith at idea.com
Wed Nov 6 12:54:25 EST 2002

I had to do one for a restaurant once, and I managed to incorporate some key
critical elemental navigation: contact, map, etc.

Sometimes when a client wants a "splash" look & feel, they more want the
page to be imagery-heavy and content-poor. One successful argument I have
had to convince people running a business to not do a splash page is talk
about how it impacts their search engine results.

Possibly also show them some comparitive GOOD designs for similar businesses
(Nursing homes) that are more to the type of architecture you were thinking
of utilizing.

Good luck!

denise