[Sigia-l] Horizontal Scroll & Portfolios (easier on the eyes)

Derek R derek at derekrogerson.com
Sun May 26 17:11:18 EDT 2002

The portfolio is located here -->
http://runwithscissors.ca/rws/concepts/index.html

I thought the use of horizontal scrolling here (as a form for
portfolios) was more useful than the standard vertical rule. I didn't
pay much attention to the rest of the site which I did not particularly
enjoy.

Since it is a corporate portfolio, I don't mind downloading all the
examples at once. Too bad the labels are small, yes.

Curious the designer's site atheistic is so gaud awful compared to the
portfolio examples (just a contributor?), but I did notice the
affectionate use of homepage/content-pages juxtaposition to create a
*holistic image* for each example -- something most of the online
portfolios I have seen forget to do (usually just a single screenshot
which focuses on surface rather than depth), which is why I wanted to
point out the site, the horizontal walking-by-browsing feel, in concert
with particular holistic arrangements, like window-shopping, is
something which easily waddles over to the 'e-commerce version' of
portfolios -- the product list.

I think this page demonstrates an advantage in motion for portfolios
(which finds its results between your ears) since, as humans, we are
more suited and comfortable with walking sideways like a classic Sears
catalogue (balanced, fluid-between-your-ears), rather than up 'n' down ?