[Sigia-l] Horizontal Scroll & Portfolios

tessa tessa7 at pacbell.net
Sun May 26 16:00:35 EDT 2002

a clever site that targets a younger audience...not sure how many young ADs
there are out there, though. regardless of the clever turns of phrase and
beautiful juxtaposition of imagery, there are a few points on the user
experience that should be mentioned:

:: in general i think this site would have attracted more attention a couple
of years ago when ADs were more likely to throw caution to the wind. our
market is very different today, however....

:: this was a tedious user experience because for me, as it loaded
agonizingly slow i bailed...but i am still using a modem.

:: this portfolio uses background and font colors that are too close in
value, thus cutting down the legibility for those over 35-40...lots of ADs
are no longer that young (older eyes begin to lose the ability to
distinguish low contrast values).

:: i never got to the horizontal scroll, but i am not opposed to it as long
as it fits and is refined enough to accommodate user idiosyncrasies...and
there is no navigation that must be "caught".

my 2 cents. humble because i admittedly did not linger long enough to find
out what kind of work the designer had in their portfolio - maybe CD-ROMs
and album covers were their interest....  :>