[Sigia-l] alternate aplication of card-sorting

Markus Mayer m.mayer at generali.at
Wed May 22 04:47:26 EDT 2002

Hi folks,
I was asked by a project manager in my company for help in specifying
category/topic/link wording on a public website (topic: financial
services). Since they are on a tight schedule I was thinking about
conducting card-sorting via e-mail. Do you have any tips/experiences on
differences between conducting a card sorting with real cards and
conducting via e-mail?
How suitable is card-sorting in your opinion for coming up with the actual
navigation wording (as opposed to the navigation structure). When you are
not sure about how to label things to you actually give users cards with
different labels for the same thing asking them not only to group items
but also to choose among different labels for that item (or suggesting a
new one)?

Thanks in advance for your ideas,

Markus Mayer