[Sigia-l] seeking rules

Victor Lombardi victorlombardi at yahoo.com
Wed May 1 10:22:24 EDT 2002

At 5/1/2002 -0400 12:24 AM, Ziya Oz wrote:
>...If so, the problem is deeper than rule
>adherence....Shouldn't somebody higher up have the
>experience to render such judgments or at least act as the safety net?

Of course, and that would be my preference. But everyone in this type of
organization is ignorant of what constitutes an effective design practice.
Changing organizations takes much longer and is less likely to happen (not
to mention off-topic for this list). Given this reality, I don't look at it
as encouraging mediocre design so much as abhorring poor design.

Victor Lombardi
http://www.noisebetweenstations.com/