[Sigia-l] The Age of Findability

Laura Norvig lauran at etr.org
Wed May 1 16:13:50 EDT 2002

Yes, it's amazing how hard it can be to find things when the
findability factor is low.

There's a site I use almost everyday for my work that is large enough
to warrant a search function but has none. It's a government site -
need I say more?

http://www.nationalservice.org/

I know this site has certain things I occasionally need, like a list
of "State Commissions," but each time I try to find some of these
elusive goodies, I go through the same head scratching exercise,
"hmmm, now where would they put this?".  The prior experience does
not seem to stick, because the path is so gol' darned twisty and
turny.

Laura Norvig, MLIS
"Intelligent Human Agent"
lauran at etr.org