[Sigia-l] Elements of Documentation

Donna Marie Fritzsche donnamarie at oneimage.com
Fri Jun 28 22:25:46 EDT 2002

>. In addition to typical error messaging, such a system can be
>  > tied to personalization, upsell/cross-sell, etc. The IA would
>conceivably be
>>  involved, at a minimum, in determining message types and identifying pages
>>  that require messages.
>
>Sounds to me like you need content experts, not an IA. That's not to say
>that someone couldn't be both, of course, but what you're describing is
>really a matter of content strategy and content requirements, not
>architecture.

Actually if you read the last line on his description, I think it is totally
in keeping with what IAs who involve themselves in user interaction
and experience should be addressing. I also think its a great step
towards something many of us talk a bit about which is creating
tailored/personalized messaging and experiences. I would be curious
to see an example of what he is talking about. Patrick, please
elaborate, I like your suggestion.

Donna Fritzsche
Information Architect,etc.