[Sigia-l] Macromedia and Jakob Nielsen team up ?

Christopher Fahey [askrom] askROM at graphpaper.com
Mon Jun 10 12:49:58 EDT 2002

How much do you think Macromedia was willing to pay to silence Jakob
Nielsen's anti-Flash tirades? We may never know, but I wonder how much
loot NNG makes from deals like this:

http://www.macromedia.com/macromedia/proom/pr/2002/macromedia_nielsen.ht
ml

While deals like this make me question the ethics of the whole usability
consulting industry (there is *no* direct evidence of impropriety, but
it's absurdly easy to imagine that this relationship is just mutual
backscratching), I can't hep but be glad - perhaps this relationship
will benefit us all in the end: First, Nielsen might stop his
under-informed and over-influential bashing of Flash. Second, Nielsen
may actually help macromedia improve the usability of their products.

-Cf

[christopher eli fahey]
art: http://www.graphpaper.com
sci: http://www.askrom.com