[Sigia-l] Content Management Methodologies

lee.r.sachs at verizon.com lee.r.sachs at verizon.com
Fri Jun 7 17:24:39 EDT 2002

Gang -

We've been dealing with a project that has content coming in through all
manner of channels and intentions.  The client's goal is the
ever-open-ended "let's put this online."  We're trying to define
consistency in our content discovery & collection process so that we can
better manage the schedule and the deliverables.  Too often, we start with
something concrete (a binder or methods & procedures) and in our web-world
view, we uncover many ways of manipulating and coordinating the content
collection process (spreadsheets, gap analysis, marked-up hard copy).  I'm
wondering if anyone else out there has similar experiences and what sorts
of tools or means do you use to manage schedules, deliverables and the
ultimate goal of "putting this online."

-lee