[Sigia-l] unemployed?

Ziya Oz ZiyaOz at earthlink.net
Wed Jun 5 17:29:03 EDT 2002

"Yazdi, Reza" wrote:
> Another answer is that you get companies which go out of business, like
> E-Stamp (which I was the creative director of), because the product was just
> unusable.

Would you argue that 'usable' products are not possible without IAs in the
process? If the IA principles are applied (without the benefit of a
dedicated IA) wouldn't that suffice for many/most cases?

I don't think I'm wrong in claiming that both designers and developers are
far more cognizant of 'usability issues' today than, say, a decade ago. If
that's a trend, why wouldn't those two disciplines, for example, subsume an
increasingly greater coverage of IA functions? Remember, they don't have to
get hired or try to legitimize their position with the management; they are
already there.

Best,