[Sigia-l] the future of search

christina wodtke cwodtke at eleganthack.com
Wed Jul 24 22:32:19 EDT 2002

I used to think search was dull. But my "future of interface" brought me in
contact with kartoo, boolistic and other strange search engines that showed
me that search might have a long way to go yet. Information visualization,
learning interfaces, semantic search... what's next? I've heard google gives
a talk where they say that someday a person will just go stand in front of a
computer and it will tell him the answer to his search with out a query
even-- which I think is I bit far off yet...

Since we're all and a meditative mood anyhow, I thought I'd ask what you
think the next radical innovation in search will be.