[Sigia-l] [spam] Retraction re: "IA" value postingImadeearlier

Andrew Hinton andrew at memekitchen.com
Sat Jul 20 16:48:05 EDT 2002

::karl.fast at pobox.com::wrote on 7/19/02 05:09pm:

> As some have argued, engineers don't design; they engineer.

I realize Karl isn't fully agreeing with the sentiment he's referencing, but
I wanted to make the point for others that among many engineers, they refer
to what they do as design. In fact, among semiconductor engineers, "design"
can refer to designing a chip, or how the chips are used in a component or a
whole device.

I've not heard electrical engineers refer to enginnering a circuit, but I've
heard a lot of them refer to designing a circuit.

Of course, I'm just talking about usage I've heard. I'm not making an
argument for any particular definition. I gave up on that a couple of days
ago. :-P

--
andrew hinton  <http://www.memekitchen.com/>
andrew [at] memekitchen.com