[Sigia-l] The New Nielsen?

gMeta gordon at gmeta.com
Tue Jul 16 12:00:21 EDT 2002

re: David Heller's "pleasure principle"

Try "having fun" over a dialup line that you
pay for per minute...like most of Europe not
to mention the rest of the 5+ Billion world-wide
who are still not online and when they do come online
it will be via G.O.D [good ole dialup]...

This economy keeps running because those with the
financial power to keep it running have the technology
to allow them a greater experience [eg broadband]...

if we allow this state of affairs to continue we will
globally widen the "access to information" gap to such
and extent that those coming online after 2005 [say] will
not have *any* means to bridge the "access to the information"
chasm that the information rich are producing.

The final knock-on effect of not bringing *everyone* along
together with "lowest common denominator" technology access
is that we will saturate our market and have *nobody* left to sell to.

See mobile phone sales in Europe if you don't believe me...and
what about the sad case of 3G...

Sure, have fun with wacky online gizmos but we're the pioneers
[and dare I say it guardians] of technology with global repercussions.

thx.
g.
Gordon Montgomery BA, MSc
Founder, www.gMeta.com