[Sigia-l] e-Government Taxonomy

Mark Needleman - DRA mneedlem at dra.com
Mon Jul 15 14:27:07 EDT 2002

Erin Gene

If you are referring to GILS as in Government Information Locator System -
what it is is a profile for how to search government information using the
Z39.50 Information Retrieval Protocol. It defines how to search GILS
records and it defines what it calls a Locator record which is metadata
about government information and how to obtain it - these locator records
are made up of GILS Core elements but can also contain locally defined
elements or things from other metadata sets - You can look at the GILS
document at

http://www.gils.net/prof_v2.html

SIRSI: The Leader in Library Technology <http://www.sirsi.com>

Mark H Needleman