[Sigia-l] Combining a FC with distributed authorship

Donna Maurer donna at maadmob.net
Mon Jul 15 08:03:17 EDT 2002

Hi everyone

I have a hard question today (well, I guess all questions are hard if
you
don't know the answer).

I'm doing a 2-part project at the moment - redesigning an Intranet,
and choosing a content management system for it.

I want to do some of the things that a faceted classification system
will
allow, particularly letting users get to content in a number of ways,
rather than having a single hierarchy for them to navigate.

We will have distributed authorship. The data repository will be a
database, not a file system (so content will not 'live' anywhere).

In the current system, the repository is a file system, based
primarily along organisational lines, and the navigation follows this
system.  This is bad for users, but great for authors as they know
where
'their' content is.

I am struggling to figure out how to get authors to 'their' content
easily in the new system, as their content may not all be grouped
together, but may be in separate 'areas' of the site.

Has anyone managed this??

(Gosh I hope this makes sense - I have a splitting headache after
arguing about this for an hour with a developer)

Donna
wwww.maadmob.net