[Sigia-l] Fun with output - Who uses a plotter?

princeofcats at newarcadia.com princeofcats at newarcadia.com
Tue Jul 9 13:29:53 EDT 2002

Once upon a time, I had access to a plotter, and (before my then-employer
rolled belly-up) I did indeed use it occasionally to generate
documentation. It was great for making a splash in a meeting... but -
after a good deal of thought - I wound up shifting over exclusively to an
8.5 x 11 format.

If the point of IA documentation is to provide a common reference point
for developers, business unit leaders, creatives, project managers and the
like, then using a format which was not easily printable seemed
counterintuitive.

The expense you mentioned was also a consideration: given how many
iterations my documentation tends to go through, it seemed a needless
waste of trees (not to mention the dwindling dollars of my dot-com
benefactor.)

Best,

Christopher Turner
http://tower.newarcadia.com